Usually when I make a meal plan, I only include the main dish and maybe one side. We like to pick whatever sides/veggies we’re feeling like on that specific day. We’ve also started making a really general meal plan (a list of 7 meals, no set day.) so we don’t feel quite so tied down to making X meal on X day if that’s now how we’re feeling. Now we just pick something from the list the night before, and thaw the meat out if necessary overnight.
- Vietnamese Style Chicken Wraps via Broke and Healthy (Ours are made almost exactly like this, with the exception of the wrapper. I can’t find rice wraps ANYWHERE, so we use eggroll wraps and brown them in a little butter before serving.)
- Beef Stroganoff Casserole, recipe here
- Bacon Ranch Slowcooker Chicken via Healthified Kitchen
- Grilled Pork Chops w/ mixed veggies
- Fajita Bake, how to here
- Crispy Chicken Quesadillas, this is the recipe, we just make it as a quesadilla instead of a wrap, and replace a rotisserie chicken w/ 2 large chicken breasts. Makes 8 quesadillas!
I know it kind of seems like we eat a lot of Mexican-inspired foods… that’s because we do. lol. We love tacos, fajitas, etc. We also eat a LOT of chicken. It’s my goal to move hubby further and further from red meat, as he’d eat it every day if I let him.