I somehow ended up with about twenty pounds of chicken breast steaks (which are basically boneless skinless chicken breasts in my eyes), I think when my mom moved she gave them to me out of her freezer. Anyways, I had no idea how to cook them up and so I turned to the internet and found something that looked simple enough for me to do; without messing it up. I found a great recipe that I have tweaked to make my own and only has a 15-18 minute cook time!
- 2 chicken breast steaks, halved
- 1 cup of butter
- 3-4 carrots
- 3-4 red potatoes or zucchini
- 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil
- assorted seasonings you like (I use cumin and an italian herbs mix)
- salt and pepper
- 13×9 cake pan
- Set your oven to broil.
- Melt butter, mix in seasonings (sans salt and pepper)
- Coat chicken pieces in butter mixture, lay not touching in pan (there may be left over butter, that’s fine!)
- Slice up your veggies into one inch pieces (I cut the carrots long ways and then do the one inch pieces, the same for zucchini)
- Spread cut up veggies evenly around chicken pieces
- Pour olive oil evenly over veggies only, if you had leftover butter, pour that evenly over everything in pan
- Salt and pepper chicken and veggies to your liking
- Broil for 7-9 minutes, turn over the chicken and then broil 7-9 minutes longer
*Be sure to fork test chicken, I find at my old house that it took about 10 minutes per side to cook but at my new house it only takes 7 minutes…
**The original recipe called for sticking a small piece of fresh garlic inside of the chicken steaks. That is an annoying process to me, so I skip it.